Sunday, March 16, 2008

Southern Adventures, Volumes I and II

Our last few trips have taken us to south of Jerusalem.  Here are a few photos of my adventures! 
In the Negev town of Yerucham there was a sculpture that also happened to be a slide.  Whee!


On our second tiyul near Nitzanim we played in sand dunes by the coast, and spent some time with a "shikma," which made a great tree for climbing.

There were many opportunities to photograph the blue and white waving in the blue and white.

There were also fields and fields of kalaniyot, my favorite little red flowers.

Here I am, near Nitzanim, having a Little House on the Prairie moment, enjoying the wide expanse of a field of wheat.

These first two trips were wonderful and warm and involved some experiencing the Land through our feet.  The beauty of this land continues to pull at my soul.  I simply cannot get enough of it.

1 comment:

Maya Resnikoff said...

The photo of you in the tree is absolutely gorgeous. Hold on to that one especially